Here you will find some important information regarding the correct use and care of your A-Frame tow system along with some helpful advice and recommendations from various bodies and authorities*. We strongly urge you to read and understand the concepts detailed here.
Tow-A-Frame complies with current and known forthcoming legislation:
- It energises the towed vehicle’s own power brakes, ensuring the efficiency is as intended by the original manufacturer of the car
- It can be towed by ANY suitable tow vehicle equipped with 50mm 12N tow hitch and is not limited to only one modified tow vehicle
- It is dual sensing and will only brake when the brakes in the Motorhome are applied, therefore it can reverse freely without drag
- In the event of breakaway, the Smart-Tow safety feature will come into play, the safety cable will pull the breakaway pin out of the breakaway switch, and the emergency power brakes will automatically be applied
- It does not have any control/sensing devices illegally mounted in the towing vehicle cab
- As Tow-A-Frame does not utilise the forces generated by the trailer moving up on the towing vehicle it is not affected by 188.8.131.52 of Regulation 13